Teacher in Charge: Mrs Tobin
Year 10 Drama is a performance class, you will be expected to perform.
This half year option aims to increase your confidence as a performer, giving you the skills and knowledge to be a versatile actor. In this course you will further develop your knowledge of Drama, a subject that encourages the growth of self-confidence and self-awareness, quick thinking, creativity, co-operation and acceptance of others – skills which are essential in today’s society. This course will focus on various exercises to free the body to respond to its natural impulse to move. Students are encouraged to task risks and to discover in a non- judgmental atmosphere.
In Year 10 Drama you will:
• Establish physical self-awareness: neutral position, breath, and physicality.
• Further develop your improvisation skills using the dramatic techniques body, movement, and space.
• Exploration of a range of movement practitioner’s techniques.
• Employ movement techniques including Laban's 8 Efforts, body isolation, mime, and physical approached to character to devise original work.
• Increased confidence in applying a variety physical practices to acting.
• The creation of physically engaging characters.
• Use of movement technique to devise theatre.
A notebook/journal, writing utensils, drama/theatre blacks (black shirt, pants, and socks).
The Standards offered are correct at time of writing
Course content may change by the start of the year